Welcome back to Volume 32 of SYFFAL's Bi-Weekly mix of new music that is a must for your ears and rears. Every other week Del LeFevre will give you the best of what's new, interesting and just plain tasty. Take this music and inject it into your mp3 players and your cars. Embrace the high.
If you like what you read or hear, help support the artist with some likes, tweets, downloads, and dollars
1) Youth in Trouble - The Presets: During Night two of Coachella this year a few of us were suffering from crushing self induced insomnia. It was decided what we all needed was some music to set our minds at ease. My friend who either was not thinking clearly or his REMS cycle is wired differently tossed on The Presets. We never slept. No one complained.
2) Encore - Spiller and 2 Guys in Venice remix - Digitalism: This banging track is an olive branch to all the people that I did not tell that Digitalism was going to be having a secret show at The Central last week. I fucked up. It was fucked up. The jams were so fucking great. I'm fucking sorry. BTW, everyone had a great time.
3) Donnastag - Boys Noize: To all of the Fucksticks that insisted on posting about "Future day" from Back to the Future being last week you got got. Stop being suckers. Why do I mention this? Well this reminds me of the future . Fuck hoverboards. The future will be a kinky place where undoubtedly people will be banging specially made sex robots. This will be the soundtrack.
4) Wait - Adventure Club: "You know what I want and need? A dubbed out dance song with a sample of Karen O's hook from Maps" said no one. It went unsaid but here we are listening to exactly that. I didn't ask for it...but you know what I'm not hating it. Nope, not at all.
5) One Out Of Two (Oliver Remix): Breakbot: I found myself putting far too many songs that had a sound that was reminiscent of this Breakbot/Oliver jam. Needing to diversify I had to cut one out of the two off this mix. See what I did there? It's official. I'm the worst...and this song is the best. Long live Oliver remixes.
6) Come For Me (Mighty Mouse remix) - Moonlight Matters: When I stumble upon artists I don't know about I like to visit their facebook to learn a little bit about them. Moonlight Matters was a quick study. All I needed to know I learned from looking at where he listed his home town as: Studio 54. Nuff said. Go dance now.
7) Headphones (Moon Boots remix) - Little Boots: Normally once I have my official 20 tracks locked and loaded I burn the mix to a cd and take it for a road test. Something about this mix wasn't working so I went back and punted some tracks that weren't flowing and reloaded with a few new killer jams. This track is one of the replacements. Consider Little Boots a scab. A beautiful badass scab.
8) Secret Crush - The Teenagers: Nothing will turn me into a fanboy quicker than getting an email from a band whose album I've played religiously. I wore "Reality Check" out back in 2009 so last week when Dorian from The Teenagers emailed me to share I squealed like a little girl. This track effectively reclaims their vacated sexy creep funny crass and crude dance throne. So damn Fuckable.
9) Grown Up - Danny Brown: This rap jam song Trojan horsed into my mind by having an awesome video. The song reminds me of simpler times and because of that becomes one of the few hip hop jams to make the Track Marks cut. Watching that little kid lib dub the fast flow so effortlessly was charming as Fuck and reminded me of all the times I used to do the same. The only difference is that this kid has fake flow where as I was a stumbla mumbla.
10) I'm Just Me - Diamond Rings: Diamond Rings is probably what Adam Lambert wanted to be. The dude rocks so fucking hard, has crazy Neo Bowie style, and is so cool with his sexuality he throws out jams like "I'm Just Me" and has a twitter handle of @Stayfierce . The song is completely badass regardless of your sexual orientation or preference.
11) Big Jet Plane (Angus and Julia Stone cover) - DWNTWN: Last Track Marks I kind of fell pretty hard for DWNTWN's brand of smokey vocals and covers that were soaked in synths. I decided that since I was torn on which cover to use I'd just feature them on back to back volumes. That's right, they're getting RAC treatment. Like what you hear? Go get their brand new EP for the price of nothing!
12) Embrace The Real - Plant Plants: Plant Plants awesome EP drops this month. I have streamed this London duo's EP over 15 times already. You should do the same. It's all twitchy beats, big piano keys, and singy hooks. Hit their soundcloud asap!
13) The Theory of Relativity - Stars: God damn I have missed this band. We've been waiting over two years for new music by Montreal's Stars. Two damn years. They have rewarded our patience with this awesome lead single for their new album "The North" which is due out 9/4. This song has so much damn energy.
14) Boyfriend - Slowdance: I initially was interested in this song because the intro shared the same DNA with The Drums "Let's Go Surfing"...but then I forgot about The Drums and was swept away by the loving sentiments of this new wavey popped out song from Slowdance. God damn Quay Quinn-Settel is so dreamy.
15) Sisterly - Fang Island: Rock. Straight up rock with teeth. This jam by Rhode Island's Fang Island is quite possibly the best rock song I will hear all summer. So much guitar. It is a buzzsaw cutting through all of the remixed electro that I have piled onto volume 32. One rock song to rule them all. I bow down to you, Sisterly.
16) Make It Home - Thenewno2: The Thenewno2 are a melting pot of sonic soundscapes. There are so many different sounds and flavors going on in this song that it is clear when they are checking to see if we make it home they are checking on every single person in the world. Thenewno2 are for everyone. Rap. Hip hop. Electronic. This is new world music.
17) Grove - Get People: This is song by Get People is as hypnotic as they come. Grove's groove is potent enough that you can toss somebody into a deep trance with one well placed ear bud, brah. Get them to close their eyes and then spent four and 1/2 minutes with this jam and they'll be under your spell. "Get People! I get it, people! Remember with great Get People power comes great responsibility.
18) The Chief - Wildcat! Wildcat!: LA people, mark your calendars on July 19th. That Thursday night will be the night that Wildcat! Wildcat! grace the Santa Monica Pier stage for the summer Thursday concert series. I am so excited for that I might actually travel up onto the pier to commingle with the misguided tourists & preying riff raff that congregate on the stretch of elevated space that I like to call the land of lost dreams and broken promises.
19) Transformer Man (Neil Young cover): Calvin Love: God bless Calvin Love. After winning my ear's heart hard with his LP, Radar Love, he sent me this excellent cover. I am a sucker for covers and I was more than glad to share it with you people. Now Calvin, what do you have up your sleeve for a Pop Cultures Collide submission? The readers want to know!
20) Sunrise - Thefrenchboi: This instrumental killer is proof to never ever judge a book by its cover. Thefrenchboi submitted this into SYFFAL and I had it on the pay no mind list. Thankfully Joel is less judgy and he checked it out and let me know that it was a god damn banger of a track. Thefrenchboi, I apologize profusely. Boi was I wrong about you. I love this so much.