Welcome back to Volume 30 of SYFFAL's Bi-Weekly mix of new music that is a must for your ears and rears. Every other week Del LeFevre will give you the best of what's new, interesting and just plain tasty. Take this music and inject it into your mp3 players and your cars. Embrace the high.
If you like what you read or hear, help support the artist with some likes, tweets, downloads, and dollars.
1) Kilometer (Donovan Remix) - Sebastian Tellier: This track marks is going to be an interesting one because I was hungover as Fuck when I was combing through the internet. Then I took my pirated booty with me to sweat out the night's poisons. This remix of Kilometer was the first thing to make me feel better. Stuttering head bobbing for days.
2) Leave The Lights On (Morgan Page Remix) - Meiko: A running joke on day three of Coachella no sleep was after party rocking for two straight days insisting that I had to be at the Sahara tent at noon on Day 3 for Morgan Page. We all laughed because It would have been festival suicide and I had no clue who Morgan Page was. I do now so the last laugh is on me. This remix kills.
3) Kill Me (Leo Zero Remix)- The Golden Filter: The "You kill me " refrain over and over will haunt my dreams. This is the slickest sad sack song that was ever sung. Sad yet so sexy.
4) The Keepers (Duke Dumont remix)- Santigold: Santigold's Master of My Make Believe is a fun fun record that I had in heavy rotation for awhile. I'm not going to say that I grew tired of it but it's nice to have this Duke Dumont remix around as a change of pace.
5) Lots - Dan Deacon: Big and Loud. That's the best way to describe Dan Deacon's look and sound. I was on stage for his FYF set and it was the hands down highlight of the day. SO naturally hearing NEW Dan Deacon is pretty damn exciting. For the record his album America comes out on the 27th of August.
6) Millions - Eternal Summers: The MTV Movie awards are what usually signifies the start of summer if you are a pre-to-late teen. Or if you are a horrible human being with far too much time to kill. If you're neither of those things than let this song by the Eternal Summers be your cue that it's time to run wild in the streets.
7) Spectrum (Say My Name) (Calvin Harris remix) - Florence + The Machine: I am renouncing my ginger hating ways. It's time for me to grow up. I let a few incidents (Big Red I'm looking at you) in my past cloud my judgements. Let this remix of Flo act as an olive branch outstretched to all my freckled friends out there. I'm sorry for the times I've besmirched your bespeckled bodies. I knew not what I was doing.
8) Flying Tiger Of Love - Photocall: Last Track Marks I fell hard for Photocall thanks to that tasty remix of Mattew Dear. I figured after that I owed it to myself to go looking for some standalone Photocall rockery. That's when I came across Flying Tiger of Love.
9) It's Time (Penguin Prison Remix) - Imagine Dragons: I'll include any track that has Penguin Prison's name attached to it. In my book that's a guarantee of quality that can't be denied. I could blindly drop this into the mix without a listen. Having said that I of course listened to it...and loved it hard.
10) Cut It Out - Kitten: I didn't want to love this song. Nothing against the artist but I didn't trust the recommendations source. Before you call me a jerk it should be mentioned that at one time this person's AIM screen name was an odd naming combination of Hanson and The Backstreet Boys. She managed to shake that stigma with this perfect piece of pop rock perfection.
11) Something Better - Beat Club: Something Better is exactly that. Beat Club is better than what you're currently blasting. Jerks, If you've missed this band's first wave of LA performances you blew it. Fret not. Do yourself a favor and follow this band on Facebook and Twitter to find out about their upcoming shows and EP info.
12) Confetti - She's So Rad: After watching Layne Pryce off himself on this week's Mad Men I was in dire need of something to lift my spirits. Creepy Glenn left me thinking he was right when he said everything turns to shit. Then I heard Confetti. The world doesn't have to be shit. It can be bright and shiny with a nice bass line.
13) Grand Rapids (RAC Remix) - Princeton: RAC 4 Life.
14) Venus In Chains - The Virgins: If Rick Springfield fronted The Cars instead of Ric Ocasek..and they decided to cover Televison it would sound so much like this song by The Virgins. Sometimes I wish these types of weird thoughts could come to fruition like in those old "What if..." comics. This song is so damn catchy. The Virgins are a welcome return even if it sounds like someone else.
15) Chasing My Mind - Holograms: Garage Rock married to some synths. What will those cray cray Swedes think of next? We'll find out on 7/10 when their self titled debut album comes out. I can't wait.
16) No Love (Twin Shadow Remix) - Hooray for Earth: I was sold by two aspects: The opening triumphant horns and the fact that it was a remix by Twin Shadow. He is a god among men! Back to the horns though...the shit just gives off a Rocky Balboa can't be stopped kind of vibe. We all need more of that in our lives.
17) Worst Enemy - Cusses: This three piece from Georgia present lots of energy. I kind of love that they've already dropped the obligatory touring/recording video with black and white footage. It gives them that battle tested badge of honor credibility that lots of other bands are sorely lacking. For the record I refuse to drop a Yeah Yeah Yeahs reference here. Instead I will lazily compare them to Veruca Salt.
18) High For This (The Weeknd cover) - Ellie Goulding: I've been slacking on my cover searches of late. Truth be told none of late have tickled my fancy. This Ellie Goulding slinky slow electro croonfest is the lone exception. Ellie's voice tickles my man pieces in a special way.
19) Conquest - The Sound of Arrows: The video for this track featured naked painted boobs and a Delorean. Ernest Desumbila, I salute you. Your move, Hype Williams. Oh BTW the song is the tits too. #seewhatididthere?
20) Rivers and Homes - J.Viewz: I've learned (for the 30th or so time) that red bull vodkas are poison and that I probably should never have one again. Nothing I did today made me feel better. MY first shower did not take. The beach seemed to deaden me more. I was a lost soul. Then Rivers and Homes came on my ipod. It was as if a shot of life was injected back into me. The 57 second mark on, not booze, is the answer to all your problems.