Welcome back to Volume 29 of SYFFAL's Bi-Weekly mix of new music that is a must for your ears and rears. Every other week Del LeFevre will give you the best of what's new, interesting and just plain tasty. Take this music and inject it into your mp3 players and your cars. Embrace the high.
If you like what you read or hear, help support the artist with some likes, tweets, downloads, and dollars.
1) Birds of Paradise (Amtrac remix) - Chromatics: Recently the Chromatics released a drumless version of their standout album "Kill for Love" and I fell in love with it all over again. Consider it love three times over now that I've been introduced to this remix expertly funked up by Amtrac.
2) Shades of Funk - Kill Paris: Kill Paris keeps the funk parade going pretty hard with jam . I'm powerless against a mash up when it combines Breakbot and Phil Collins. This track makes me want to put on a Daft Punk helmet and a pimp suit and peacock down the avenue
3) The Beast on Saturn - Futurecop: Futurecop have always, along with the RAC and the Hood Internet, been a lock artist for each and every Track Marks. Too much good stuff comes from them to ignore. Long Live Futurecop. The Beast of Saturn's opener earns bonus points with me for reminding me of the Blood Bros: First Blood mix tape.
4) Idea Of Happiness (SebastiAn Remix) - Van She: Someone sent me Van She's "Idea of Happiness" and I fell for it pretty hard pretty quickly. That person insisted I rock the regular version of this track but I stumbled across this Sebastian remix and I never looked back. You can never look back.
5) Reunion (Mylo Remix) - M83: It's refreshing to hear someone remix a M83 song that isn't "Midnight City". Don't you think? If and when I start to get my remix on I'm going to make a point to choose the remix road less traveled. The people need diversity damn it. That is why there are no more Lana Del Rey and Gotye remixes on this volume!
6) Henrietta - Yeasayer: New Yeasayer, brah! It has been a looooong time since there's been some new Yeasayer to look forward to. They've been cryptically quiet since Old Blood..but with this track and some tour dates lined up it is safe to assume we will have a new album headed our way in the near future.
7) Mr. Quiche (The Dirty Tees Official Remix) - Wildcat! Wildcat!: In the past three months my attempts to see Wildcat! Wildcat! have been stymied by my lazy ass friends. Most recently the set was fourteen streets away from my apt and the consensus answer from everyone was that the venue was too far. I'll never forgive them.
8) Waves (RAC Mix) - letthemusicplay: RAC 4 Life
9) When I See You Again (Nick Zinner remix) - Canyons: Nick Zinner really delivers on this remix of Canyons track. Zinner seems to be dabbling in all sorts of projects outside of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. With remixes like this I'd be totally ok with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs not being a thing anymore. Blasphemy, I know.
10) Perfect World (RAC Mix) - Gossip: See #8
11) Fifteen (ft Chela) - Goldroom: Goldroom's expert remixes have been featured in the past throughout SYFFAL and now I have the pleasure of sharing this original track, a nostalgia soaked synthed out song. This is track is ready to be sent back in time to underscore a key scene in a John Hughes film.
12) Closer Than This (Light Waves Remix) - St. Lucia: Light Waves glitchy vibes meld well with the hooky mindless breeziness that is St Lucia's Closer Than This. This is some poppy poppy stuff and I'm ok with that. We're not trying to impress anyone here.
13) Forget it (Class Actress Remix) - Blood Orange: Who knew Class Actress was hiding these killer remix skills under that trench coat she's always rocking. This reworked Blood Orange jam sounds like what I imagine people think they are hearing when they rock out to The Weeknd.
14) Mind Control - Friends: I am notoriously terrible at watching youtube clips that get forwarded to me. "Mind Control" by Friends was emailed to me but I never got around to watching it. I just couldn't bring myself to sit through the stupid commercial before the video. I would gladly pay a monthly fee to skip all ads (and also make ALL videos playable through the embeds). But enough about me. Rock this!
15) Every Night I Say A Prayer - Little Boots: Just when you thought I couldn't make this Track Marks any more poppy I go ahead and do a crazy thing like throwing down Little Boot's new single. I was torn between this version and the Tensake remix but I felt like the original and it's 80's charms needed to be recognized.
16) Take a Walk - Passion Pit: Poor Passion Pit. They have the insurmountable task of topping debut LP Manners. On July 24th their follow up, Gossamer, will let us know if they are up to the challenge. "Take A Walk" leads me believe they're not sweating the pressure.
17) Endless Flowers - Crocodiles: As you may or may not know this band's name is an homage to Echo and the Bunnymen. If the name triggered E&TB thoughts then this track certainly will. It is the tits and it reeks of prime McCulloch
18) Doused - Diiv: For those of you keeping score Dive has now became DIIV. Not that it matters. Names are just names. What's important here is the badass sounds that come from this Beach Fossils off shoot. I can't wait for an LPs worth of tracks.
19) Age of Consent (New Order Cover) - Reptar: "Age of Consent" is my all time favorite Turntable. FM jam so I really didn't have a choice here. I had to share it. God bless Reptar for covering a classic that never gets enough love outside of my repetitive turntble.fm queue.
20) I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover) - Superhumanoids: I want to repeat what I said on twitter when I first heard the Superhumanoids version of this classic Ramones track. Here it is: This is not a cover, This is a phoenix rising from the ashes of the Ramones. It is amazingly beautiful and beautifully amazing.