Welcome back to Volume 27 of SYFFAL's Bi-Weekly mix of new music that is a must for your ears and rears. Every other week Del LeFevre will give you the best of what's new, interesting and just plain tasty. Take this music and inject it into your mp3 players and your cars. Embrace the high.
If you like what you read or hear, help support the artist with some likes, tweets, downloads, and dollars.
1) Must Land Running - Stepdad: I love this band so much I made them my initial entry for the Del portion of the newly revamped SYFFAL: Stop Sleeping feature. I linked their 2011 EP to that so now allow me share their single for their upcoming album. It is the perfect lead track to this killer dance party. We have hit the ground running with this jam.
2) Synthétiseur (Van She Remix)- Housse De Racket: This is an older song but it deserves new live because 1) it is badass 2) it is my official theme for Coachella 2012. Damn Coachella for tossing them into the Sunday pre 1pm time slot. That is the bartering with God for help with your previous 48 hour debauchery time. Fuck it I'm an atheist I'm still going to try and make it.
3) Polish City (Tyga vs Neon Indian) - The Hood Internet: Rack City...so that just means tits right? Tyga is a deep mother fucker. I like to follow big breasted import models on twitter and count how many times they instagram pics with captions of "Rack City". Totally not stereotyping. They all do it. Zuckerburg bought himself a Billion dollar peep show.
4) Pulp Fiction Theme - Wick It the Instigator: The dude who did the Black Keys / Big Boi mash up now presents to you Grindhouse Basterds. Dialogue and music from Quentin Tarantino's finest mashed up with some hip hop and jarring dubstep. Logic would dictate that this would be a nightmare on the ears and the brain....but somehow some way it works. Logic will break your heart
5) Paddling Out (Penguin Prison Remix) - Miike Snow: I have a rule. If Penguin Prison does a remix I include it on a Track Marks. It's that simple. Penguin Prison should be at every festival. You hear me Festival tastemakers. Fuck Dawes in the face. Let the Penguin Play!
6) Get Gone (Polaris At Noon Remix) - White Arrows: This is going to be the Year of the White Arrows. I can feel it! I've "Get Gone" for quite some time...and now Polaris At Noon give my pick to breakout in 2012 new life with this dark and dancy remix.
7) Warrior - Mark Foster + A-Trak + Kimbra: Say what you will about Mark Foster (please don't ask me) but this fun bouncy jam has his fingertips all over it. Converse really knows how to throw artists together for these projects. Nice to see Kimbra getting away from that ever-growing Gotye shadow
8) Naive (Jean Tonique Remix) - The Kooks: A remix of a six year old song? Sure why not. If it's new to the remixer than there's no reason why it can't be new to you and I. Why punish good but truant taste. What is it with you remixers and this fascination with truancy? http://youtu.be/rLwADyVdVK8
9) Only the Horses - Scissor Sisters: God I hate that I love the Scissor Sisters now. It's karma for me making fun of a girlfriend who loved them back when I lived in NY and I hated on them, while I was giving her the worst moments of pleasure in her live. Good times. We'll always have the Scissor Sisters.
10) Get Down - Keaton: Keaton was a layup for me to be included. Why you ask? Well This is the drummer from Miami Horror...and he named himself after Michael Keaton. The dude went so far as to name his mixtape "Mr Mom". I love that..plus this track is full of handclaps!
11) Hands (Goldroom remix)- Alpine: Goldroom is quickly becoming one of my favorite remix artists...mostly because he tends to work with artists that I normally wouldn't listen to. Had I heard of Alpine before this remix? Nope. Do I love this jam? Yep. Is asking yourself questions an exercise is dickery? You betcha. Tune me out and turn this killer track up.
12) Resuscitate - Wintersleep: I hate to ape what a ton of other sites have posted but this song came across my newsfeed numerous times and each time I was lured in my its charms so I felt obligated to share with you guys. I've never heard of these guys but according to their Wiki they won a Juno for Best new band. Oh..a juno...that's so cute. (pats their heads). Damn good jam. More junos for everyone.
13) How Long Have You Known - Dive: Dive's debut album, Oshin, is being released via Captured Tracks on the 26th of June. For now you can either go back and listen to some Beach Fossils or put this song on repeat. I say do the latter...and the former. Why not...you have some time.
14) Should Have Known Better (Fm Attack 2012) - Richard Marx: Richard Marx? Has track marks officially jumped the shark? Perhaps it has been my week long illness where I have been covered in sweat and coughing up fucking green phlegm all day and night but around day 5 or so this ear worm was firmly nestled into my brain. Perhaps it was the cause of my illness all along.
15) PDA - Frank Ocean: While listening to my Coachella mixes on Spotify I found myself really digging Frank Ocean's Novacane. I went looking for more after that and I was dumbstruck by the limited tracks available. Then this new jam made its way into my mailbox. Matt "Hey uh, what's with the PDAS?" Higgins now has his official anthem.
16) Baby Be Night (Ugly Kids Mash) - Breakbot & Chromeo: For the record I'm sharing this more for Breakbot's sake. Breakbot needs love. Breakbot is at Coachella and I want as many people to join me for that set. I'm not saying Fuck Chromeo...but those dooks (dude mooks) get enough love as it is.
17) Beautiful Life - JJ: We have all loved them since the "Kills" mixtape so it is nice to see them cranking out more and more JJ sounds. Beautiful Life is just that. So fucking beautiful. I want to run to the pacific ocean on a sunbeam while I listen to this. Fuck with this as the soundtrack even the stabby vagrants I pass on my way would have a glow about them.
18) Neptune - Lemonade: Lemonade is back..and they've upped the ante by delivering some serious afropop mixed w/ dead sexy R&B baby making vibes. This is some serious sex music people. I can't be held accountable when everyone gets pregnant. Lemonade's album, Diver, cums out on 5/29! (see what I did there!)
19) I Wonder Who She's Kissing Now - TV Girl: I friggin love TV Girl. That's it. That's all I want to say. Well...I guess what I want to say is that I want everyone to love TV Girl as much as me. Go hit their bandcamp and download all their ear friendly hook filled pop jams and then join me in wating for their debut mixtape "The Wild, The Innocent, The TV Shuflle to drop on May 4th online for free via Greedhead
20) These Streets Will Never Look the Same - Chromatics: Song of the year on quite possibly the album of the year. This album does weird things to my brain. Each day I listen it puts me in a different space and changes how I look at it or how it looks at me. It is multifaceted, expansive, emotional, and just plain badass. Go get it asap!